Hey you! 2018 is finally upon us, and I could not be more excited. I’ve got some huge things planned for you all in the new year. With a fresh year upon us, I figured I would introduce myself and share with you all a little of my story. It’s definitely one of my resolutions to get personal. So let’s do this!
Hello! My name is Ashlynn Marie Miller and I’m a 24 year old dreamer with some crazy big ideas. I met my husband TJ in high school and we’ve been married a little over two years. We tied the knot at Boone Hall Plantation in Charleston. You know the movie, the Notebook? Yeah? Allie’s summer home- that’s the house. Crazy, I know! Our family blessed us and helped plan our dream wedding. We had dolphins and white birds attend our ceremony. So, yeah, I’m basically a Disney princess. (Insert princess emoji here.) But in all seriousness, I’m going to give you some cold hard facts about my life. So, get ready!
5 Facts about Ashlynn
1. I could absolutely live in Charleston. It’s one of our favorite places in the whole world. (Obviously.) We visit as much as possible, and our life game plan is to buy a second house somewhere towards the Low Country area. #lifegoals
2. We own like a bazillion animals. We might as well be living in a zoo.. or a farm, or both. So let’s start the list. Two doggies- Soldier, our 10 year old boxer mix and Ziva- our puppy mini schnauzer. Two kitties- a three legged black cat Tater, and a wild grey kitten, Rooster. Three chickens- we are down to three as our free range flock keeps getting eaten.. But, we plan to rebuild our flock this year in the spring. And last but not least, ponies! There are three horses down at the barn – Khlaszic, Trulee and Scooter.
3. We are fixing up an 1880’s farm house. And holy moly, is it a pain in the butt. We’ve had to gut the kitchen and dining room down to dirt and start over. But, our little house has come a long way, and I’d say we are 95% done. Also, best words of wisdom I can send to a newly married couple- DON’T DO IT. Don’t fix up a house until you’re ready to take on a money pit. For real.
4. I didn’t start out wanting to be a photographer. I actually had my heart set on becoming an agricultural extension agent with a county office. I absolutely adore 4-H, FFA and all things agricultural. I applied to NC State, but God stepped in and changed my path for the better. I picked up photography when I was 18 and have been at it ever since.
5. I recently chopped all my long, mermaid hair off. Like 10 inches. I’ve had long hair for at least 8 years, and most recently it was blue. I decided it was time for a major chop and a big girl hair cut. I’m still battling my natural curls, though. I feel a little more Shirley Temple with it natural, but hey! I’m looking like a big kid.
Photo Cred to Cana with Cana Dunlap Photography canadunlap.com